Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cinnamon Caramel Apples

I make pancakes about twice a week. They are my favorite breakfast!! I usually just drizzle some honey on them and I'm a happy camper, but for my birthday breakfast:) I decided to up it a little:) So I did an apple cinnamon, caramel sauce! Yuuuuuuuuummy!!! I mean really? A little butter, honey, and milk, and it is for real caramel yall! So delicious and took pancake bliss to a whole nother' level!

Serves 4
4 small organic apples, or 2 large ones
2tbls. butter
3-4 tbls.almond milk
4tbls. honey
1tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
Chop apples into small chunks
Melt butter in a pan on medium heat. Add in almond milk, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until it thickens a bit, then add apples. Simmer until apples are slightly tender, or longer if you like them completely soft.:) Enjoy!
Note: I used this recipe the other day and topped it with oats, some butter and honey. Put it in the oven until oats were browned and crunchy. Delicious! Like caramel apple granola!

No comments:

Post a Comment