Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, June 25, 2012

Homemade Turkey Sausage

Homemade sausage is something I never really thought to do. Although now that I have, I can't believe I waited this long to try it! It really is amazing and simple. The original recipe came from my friend Sara, who is our paleo guru. She made it for us one night and we were hooked! I had to change around some of the spices for my hubby because he's not a huge sage fan, but the idea behind anything homemade is that you call the shots. Use whatever spices you like. It can be sweet, spicy, bland, whatever you want. That's the beauty:) We like ours a little sweet:) You could sub ground beef for the turkey, but to me, the turkey is more tender so it makes it more juicy and flavorful.
makes 15 small patties
1lb. organic ground turkey
1/2tsp. poultry seasoning( you can always add whatever herbs you like, I just use poultry seasoning because it's what i have on hand most of the time and it has the flavor we like)
1tsp. sea salt
1/2tsp. black pepper
1tbls. mustard
2tbls. blackstrap molasses(omit if you don't want any sweet flavor)
Combine everything in a bowl. Shape into small patties or links...and cook on a medium-high heat skillet, about 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. I always cut one in half to judge the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment