Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, August 13, 2012

Carrot Cake Larabar

The possibilities for larabars are ENDLESS! It's really just a matter of what you have in your cabinets and how far you're willing to go to experiment. Plus, it's one of those recipes where the base stays the same, so you know it's pretty much gonna be delicious no matter what else you put in it. The carrot cake version has become another favorite. The carrots make them very moist, and the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice just scream FAAAAAAAALLLLLLL! Yes, I realize it's still August, but fall is in the air as far as I'm concerned, and the fall flavors AND my knee high boots are about to be in full swing! As a matter of fact, next week will be a perfect time to make my friend Mindy's "Raw Pumpkin Pie"@biteoflifeblog.com. But, for now, carrot cake larabars;)

Makes about 20 small cookies
1c. raw almonds
1/2c. medjool dates, pitted
1tsp. cinnamon
1/2tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1tsp. vanilla
1/2 a large carrot
Combine all ingredients in food processor until fine.
Note: If you want to add raisins, or unsweetened coconut, that would be delicious I'm sure. And as for the amount of carrot, if you find it needs a little more, then add it. I only added half a carrot because I didn't want them to be too moist:)

No comments:

Post a Comment