Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, August 13, 2012

Peppermint Patti Larabars

Well these are just my new favorite thing! I have ALWAYS been a fan of chocolate and mint. Mint chocolate chip ice cream reigns supreme over all other ice cream flavors...and as a child, my mother would've passed up just about any other dessert for one peppermint patti! They were her FAVORITE thing. Of course she no longer eats them, so hopefully, this recipe will make her peppermint patti lovin self happy:) Really, I don't know why it's taken me this looooooong to make a chocolate mint version of a larabar...DUH! I'm gonna need major concentration not to eat the whole batch myself....or I can just swim a few extra 100 yards tonight:) Oh good my children are up from their naps....problem solved:) :)

Makes about 20 small cookies
1c. raw almonds ( or almond meal if you want a smoother consistency)
1/2c. pitted medjool dates ( I get mine from Sams, they are $7 for 2 lbs!)
2tbls. cocoa powder
1/8-1/4tsp. mint extract ( start small as mint is very strong)
Combine all ingredients in food processor until fine
Note: if you're using another brand of dates that are drier in texture, you may need to add some coconut oil to the mix, or you can soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes then drain before processing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment