Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, May 21, 2012

Chocolate Cookies...Baked or Unbaked?

That is the question for these little chocolate beauties.:)
These cookies are so easy because everything goes into the food processor. They are rich, chocolatey, and sweetened with dates! Dates have a lower glycemic index than plain sugar, and almonds and dates together are great energy food.:)These have become some of my favorite little treats. And my kids looooove them too:)
 This recipe makes roughly 15 small cookies
1c. raw almonds
1/2c. pitted medjool dates...about 6 dates(medjool dates are moister than regular dates, and bigger)
1 tbls. vanilla extract
2 tbls. unsweetened cocoa powder
2tbls. coconut oil or melted butter( I like the coconut oil, but some of my family prefers the butter...either one tastes awesome!)
1/2tsp. baking powder(aluminum free)
If you're eating these raw you can skip adding the baking powder and just process all the ingredients:)
Sometimes when I bake these I add a few chocolate chips for yummy goodness and texture:)
Roll the cookies into balls and flatten into small discs. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or enjoy them raw!
You could also add a little mint extract if you like that:) I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment