Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lemon Babies(technically a homemade larabar)

I use LOTS of almonds....LOTS! haha...and I'm constantly trying to come up with new ways to use them. So of course, recreating a Larabar is on the list. Larabars are delicious and raw, but quite expensive, so one day a few years ago, I was admiring the ingredients, and thought, "I could totally make this at home!" So I did....and they were everything I hoped they'd be. You really cannot go wrong with any flavor....I have not tried to make my favorite, cherry pie, yet, but it's on my list. This flavor is one of my favorites so far:)
1c. almonds
1/2c. dates(medjool is preferred although you have to pit them. But it's so easy to do so)
1tbls. vanilla
1tbls. fresh lemon juice
1tsp. lemon zest
Blend all ingredients in food processor until it starts to come together
Form into small discs.....and devour! I have also rolled these in some unsweetened shredded coconut....and they were awesomely delicious too!

3 comments:

  1. I love lemons!!!!! I'm gonna have to try this:) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. These are sooooo good! I think yall will like them a lot:) thanks lulu!

      Delete