Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Friday, May 25, 2012

Date Sweetened Fudge Bites

I have been trying for a while now to make "the perfect brownie"....and I feel that I'm close! I have made them with black beans, garbanzo beans, almond meal, and they have all been very yummy. But none of them have had that true "brownie" quality. It's hard to copycat some things without adding enormous amounts of butter and sugar, which I really am not gonna do. The butter doesn't bother me, but I'd rather not use 2 whole sticks in an 8x8 pan:/ So the other day I was experimenting, again, and stumbled upon these yummy creations. They have a brownie flavor, but more of a rich fudge texture....quite delicious! I'm still working on making them more brownie like,for my hubby's sake, because a good brownie can't be beaten in his book:), and then I'll have a great fugde, AND brownie recipe:) Enjoy!

2c. pitted dates (medjool is my fave!)
11/2c. hot water
1 tbls. vanilla
1c. almond meal/flour (note: making these with another flour will yield different results, I'm sure they'd still be good, but I can't vouch for a different flour yet:)
4 packs stevia( if you don't have/orlike stevia, I have used blackstrap molasses as well and it's great. 4 tbls.)
1-11/2c. cocoa powder(we like ours very chocolatey so I use the latter amount)
4tbls. coconut oil, or melted butter. I used coconut this time
1 tsp. baking powder

Put dates and hot water in food processor let sit for 5 minutes. Add all other ingredients and blend til smooth. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, pour in batter. Bake at 350 about 30 minutes. It's done when knife comes out clean. Refrigerate or freeze until completely cold. *Do not and cut them when they are warm, they will not hold up:)

No comments:

Post a Comment