Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Friday, May 25, 2012

Spinach Pesto

One day while making pizza, I realized I was out of all my herbs....I tend to kill fresh herbs before they get big, and I simply didn't have anything resembling an italian herb in my cabinet:/ Sooooo what could I use for a pesto....hmmmmm...spinach? It sounded a little odd, but worth a shot. The result was waaaaaay better than I expected, and has now become a quick and easy solution for if and when I find myself herbless:)This pesto is so yummy, I would spread it on almost anything!I've used it on pizza, as a salad dressing, and even on eggs too!:) And it's spinach! Yum!
2 handfuls fresh spinach
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
olive oil
combine top 4 ingredients in food processor, then slowly stream in the olive oil until desired consistency.
When I DO have dried rosemary or oregano on hand I've added about 1 tsp.and they make it even better:)

No comments:

Post a Comment