Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Boy's Favorite Peanut Butter Smoothie

I enjoy smoothies a whole lot! I recently purchased a vitamix, and love it! So smoothie making has become even more easy and fun. "The boys" in our clan...(My hubby, my brother, my son, and might as well be our brother"E") really enjoy this smoothie. It seems to hit the spot in place of a cookie or chocolate....Don't get me wrong, cookies and chocolate have their place, but this smoothie is a fun alternative to a hefty dessert!
serves1
1c. unsweetened almond milk( or you could use rice or coconut milk too)
1 tbls. peanut butter...(I use smuckers natural because it contains no hydrogenated oils or sugars)
1 packet of stevia, or a tbls. honey
1 scoop of protein powder( we like healthy'n'fit egg white protein, strawberry flavor)
1/2 banana
1 tsp. cacao nibs or chocolate or carob chips
1/2-1c ice
blend everything until smooth....sometimes you may need to add more ice or a little more milk to reach desired consistency:) yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment