Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Monday, May 21, 2012

Favorite Caesar Salad

My honeylove looooves a good caesar salad. But alas, he doesn't really eat them anymore, due to the fact that most caesar's are caked with, let's face it, TONS of cheese, not to mention the usually fatty dressing:/ I have quite a few salad recipes that I really enjoy(recipes to come later), but I fell head over heels for this salad....and so did he! Now keep in mind you can add whatever you want to this salad...but I kept mine a simple caesar for my simple salad hubby:)
serves2....or one really hungry person:)
5oz. lettuce..( I usually use half and half...romaine, and spinach, but you could do all romaine too)
1 piece of ezekiel bread, toasted and broken into small chunks
1/4c. ground almonds..( I use my vitamix or food processor... ground enough so there's no big chunks)
2 strips of cooked turkey bacon(optional, but so worth it!)
dressing: 
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1tsp. black pepper
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. honey
1tbls spicy or dijon mustard(i had dijon on hand)
2tbls. raw cashews
olive oil
combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in food processor or blender.
Stream in olive oil until the dressing starts to emulsify...then give it a taste! If it needs more oil, add more....if it needs more lemon, add more lemon:) Mix it all together and enjoy!
p.s.- the almonds and the cashews serve as a parmesan cheese sub in this recipe....I know it sounds weird, but the texture and flavor is amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment