Health Nut Balsamic Spinach Salad

Friday, May 25, 2012

My New Found Friend: Socca Bread

Today I was on one of my favorite websites pure2raw....and I had seen their recipe for socca, and was intrigued. Apparently socca is a flatbread made with beans...such as garbanzo flour, mung bean, even lentils. I didn't have any garbanzo or mung bean flour, but I did have half a package of lentils. So I gave it a shot......and oh my goodness, I was beyond wowed at this bread. Now grant it, if your expecting white and fluffy, you won't get it, but this has a nice grainy, crispy texture, that I enjoyed with some olive oil on top, then I tried honey, and of course that was amazing too. Give this a try, it's soooo easy and delicious, and fiber full!

1c. lentils
1/4c. water
1 tsp. sea salt
You can add any flavor here you like....I added some dried oregano and black pepper, next time I'll reduce the salt by half and add some cinnamon:)
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor
Heat 2 tbls. olive or coconut oil in a skillet in medium high heat. Pour mixture into skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side til golden brown and crispy:) mmmmm mmmmmm. This was a great afternoon snack for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment